Головна

Шкільна бібліотека

Перелік предметів

Англійська мова
Біологія
Географія
Економіка
Інформатика
Історія
Математика
Німецька мова
ОБЖ
Політологія
Право
Природознавство
Психологія і педагогіка
Російська мова
Соціологія
Фізика
Філософія
Французька мова
Українська мова
Хімія

Підручники в PDF


 

Texts for topics - Мегазбірка тем з англійської мови
UKRAINIAN CITIES

TOURING HISTORIC CITIES AND VILLAGES. FEODOSIYA

The city lies on the shores of Feodosiya Bay, 116 km from Simferopol and a railway station. Its population is approximately 80 000.

Founded in 6 B.C. it was destroyed by the Huns in the 4th century and by the Alans in the 5th—6th centuries. It was the main slave-trading market during the 16th—17th centuries. In 1616 Ukrainian Cossacks, under the command of Hetman Petro Konashevych-Sahaydachny, attacked Kafa, destroyed the Turkish fleet, and liberated many captives. In 1667 a similar attack was led by Cossacks chieftain I. Sirko.

HISTORICAL AND ARCHITECTURAL MONUMENTS

ARMENIAN CHURCH OF ARCHANGELS MYKHAYIL AND HAVRYIL (MICHAEL AND GABRIEL), 1408. It was built in the style of Armenian church architecture. In 1967—1970 it was restored.

GENOESE FORTRESS, 14th century. It is located in the northern part of the city, above Feodosiya Bay. It was a citadel of ancient Kafa's (Feodosiya) city fortifications. In the 18th and 19th centuries most of the structures were dismantled. The following structures are located on the territory of the fortress: Tower of Klyment (1348), Tower of Krisko (14th century), Armenian church of Ioann Predtecha (John the Baptist) (1348), St. Ioann Bohoslov (St. John the Divine) (14th century), St. Heorhiy (St. George) (14th century), St. Stefan (14th century). Many structures have been restored.

CITY FORTRESS, 14th century. It is located in the old part of the city. In 1266 the Genoese wrested control over Kafa from the Golden Horde. In the 14th century they began to build the fortress. Located on its territory are the fortress walls (14th century), tower of St. Konstantyn (Constantine) (1382—1448), tower of St. Foma (St. Thomas) (1373), tower of G. di Scaffa (1342).

VOCABULARY

bay [beɪ] — затока, бухта

approximately [ə'prɔksɪmɪtlɪ] — приблизно, майже

to destroy [dɪs'trɔɪ] — руйнувати

slave-trading market ['sleɪv'treɪdɪŋ 'ma:kɪt] — ринок работоргівлі

to dismantle [dɪs'mæntl] — розбирати; демонтувати

to wrest [rest]— виривати (перемогу), здобувати ціною великих зусиль

QUESTIONS

1. What is the city's location ?

2. How many people live in Feodosiya ?

3. What is the city's history?

4. What places of interest are there?

Подорож історичними містами і селами. Феодосія

Місто розташоване на берегах Феодосійської бухти, за 116 кілометрів від Сімферополя і залізничного вокзалу. Його населення становить приблизно 80 000 людей.

Засноване в VI ст. до нашої ери, місто було знищене гунами в IV ст. і аланами в V—VI ст. Воно було головним ринком торгівлі рабами протягом XVI—XVII ст. 1616 р. українські козаки під проводом гетьмана Петра Конашевича-Сагайдачного атакували Кафу, знищили турецький флот і звільнили багато полонених. 1667 р. подібну атаку провів отаман козаків І. Сірко.

Історичні і архітектурні пам'ятки

ВІРМЕНСЬКА ЦЕРКВА АРХАНГЕЛІВ МИХАЇЛА І ГАВРИЇЛА (1408). Вона була збудована в стилі вірменської церковної архітектури. В 1967—1970 pp. була відбудована.

ГЕНУЕЗЬКА ФОРТЕЦЯ (XIV ст.). Розташована в північній частині міста вище Феодосійської бухти. Це була фортеця античних фортифікацій міста Кафа (Феодосія). У XVII1 і XIX ст. більшість будівель демонтували.

Будівлі, які розміщені на території фортеці: вежа Климента (1348), вежа Кріско (XIV ст.), вірменська церква Іоанна Предтечі (1348), церква Святого Іоанна Богослова (XIV ст.). Святого Георгія (XIV ст.) і Святого Стефана (XIV ст.). Багато з цих будівель відновлені.

МІСЬКА ФОРТЕЦЯ (XIV ст.). Розташована в старій частині міста. 1266 р. генуезці домоглися від Золотої Орди контролю над Кафою. В XIV ст. вони почали будувати фортецю. На її території розміщені такі споруди: фортеці (XIV ст.), вежа Святого Костянтина (1382—1448), вежа Святого Фоми (1373), вежа Дж. ді Скафа (1342).


НазадЗмістВперед

 

 
© www.SchoolLib.com.ua